The Nigerian team lost 2-1 in their opening match against Mali and need a win to stay alive in the competition.
He expressed disappointment in the way the team lost 2-1 to the Malians in Cape Town on Saturday which he said was not honourable at all.
“We are praying fervently for the Super Eagles to beat Mozambique on Wednesday if not it will be a disaster, God forbid. If we beat Mozambique then we will have a chance of getting a good result against the host South Africa.
“I am only disappointed with the players for not playing the Nigerian way. Nigeria has a way of grinding out results even in a very tight situation. So I was not happy with the lackadaisical attitude of the players. They did not play as if something was at stake and that really pissed me off.
“But I know the coach Stephen Keshi knows that Nigeria’s reputation and his own reputation is at stake and I know the message has gotten to him that he must charge the boys to lift their game and make Nigeria proud on Wednesday.
“We have concluded plans to support the team and spur them to give their best on Wednesday. I sincerely believe that the Eagles will beat Mozambique and give their all in the last match against South Africa,” Ladipo said.
goal.com
No comments:
Post a Comment